PREMIO ‘GUIDO CANTELLI’ – XII EDITION
INTERNATIONAL CONDUCTING COMPETITION
APPLICATIONS OPEN UNTIL 30TH APRIL 2022
News 2022: COMPOSING COMPETITION
Applications for the XII edition of Premio Cantelli are now open, with registration deadline on the 30th April 2022.The International Premio Guido Cantelli was reintroduced by the Teatro Coccia in 2020 to bring back an important competition for the city and for the conducting
The XII edition will be dedicated to the memory of Master Gianluigi Gelmetti, prematurely passed away last August.
Preliminary round, semi-finals and finals will give the opportunity to the artists to perform at the Teatro Regio of Turin and at the Teatro Coccia of Novara, in front of a prestigious international jury composed by Italian and foreign directors, reference points in Poland, Czech Republic, USA.
The first three winners will be awarded a cash prize of:
• 12,000 Euros – First Prize
• 8,000 Euros – Second Prize
• 5,000 Euros – Third Prize
– Critics Award: 3,000 euro, assigned by a jury whose members are Nicola Cattò (Rivista Musica), Elvio Giudici (Il Giorno), Sabino Lenoci (L’Opera), Alberto Mattioli (La Stampa) e Carla Moreni (Il Sole 24 Ore).
– Town Award: 2,000 euro, assigned by Councillor for Culture of the Town of Novara, Ettore Borri, President of the Associazione Amici della Musica “Vittorio Cocito” and Roberto Politi, director of the “Guido Cantelli” Conservatory of Novara.
– Amici del Regio Award: an artistic contract, which will turn into contracts within three years from the date of the Competition’s finals, assigned by members of Teatro Regio’s Orchestra and a prize of 1,500 euro supported by the Associazione Amici del Regio.
– Youth – Empathy Award: 1,000 euro, assigned by a jury made of members of the Associazione Giovani Dietro le Quinte, granted by SUONO VIVO Srl.
– Artistic Contracts with the most important National and International institutions, at their discretion. Such engagements will turn into contracts within three years from the date of the Competition’s finals.
New this year is the introduction of the Composing Competition, open to candidates of all nationalities and age. The selected piece will be part of the conducting final, to strengthen the traditional meaning of this famous competition, which finds its essential value in its being a vehicle for different values than the simple sense of competition.
Download the application form: https://premiocantelli.it
Info: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org